Alice in Wonderland syndrome (AIWS) is a rare neurological condition that can cause visual distortions and a skewed sense of perception. Some of the common symptoms of AIWS include:
- Objects or body parts appearing smaller or larger than they actually are
- Perceived changes in the shape or size of objects
- Perceived changes in distance or depth perception
- Distorted sense of time, such as feeling like time is moving slower or faster than it actually is
- Feeling detached from your body or environment
- Hallucinations or seeing things that aren’t there
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it’s important to talk to a doctor or healthcare professional. A thorough medical evaluation can help to determine if you have AIWS or another condition that may be causing your symptoms. Keep in mind that AIWS is a rare condition, and it’s more likely that your symptoms are caused by something else.