During a throat infection, it is recommended to avoid certain foods that can aggravate the throat and make symptoms worse. Here are some foods that you should consider avoiding:
- Spicy foods: Spicy foods can irritate the throat and cause pain and discomfort.
- Acidic foods: Foods that are high in acid, such as citrus fruits and tomatoes, can irritate the throat and cause pain.
- Fried and fatty foods: These foods can be difficult to digest and may cause discomfort in the throat.
- Dairy products: Dairy products like milk, cheese, and ice cream can cause an increase in mucus production, which can aggravate the throat.
- Hard and crunchy foods: Foods like chips, crackers, and nuts can scratch the throat and make it feel more irritated.
Instead, you should opt for soft and easy-to-swallow foods, such as soups, broths, cooked vegetables, and soft fruits. Drinking warm liquids, like tea with honey, can also help soothe the throat. It is important to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day.