Anxiety attacks, also known as panic attacks, can vary in their symptoms and intensity from person to person. However, some common experiences during an anxiety attack include:
- Intense fear or panic: During an anxiety attack, you may feel an overwhelming sense of fear, terror, or impending doom.
- Physical symptoms: You may experience physical symptoms such as rapid heartbeat, sweating, shaking, chest pain or discomfort, shortness of breath, dizziness or lightheadedness, nausea, or a choking sensation.
- Emotional symptoms: You may feel like you’re losing control, going crazy, or dying.
- Cognitive symptoms: You may have racing thoughts, feel disconnected from reality, or have difficulty concentrating.
- Duration: The symptoms of an anxiety attack typically peak within 10 minutes and can last up to an hour or longer.
If you are experiencing anxiety attacks, it’s important to seek professional help from a mental health provider. They can work with you to develop a treatment plan that can help you manage your symptoms and improve your quality of life.