Anxiety is a normal response to stress and can be helpful in certain situations. However, if you experience anxiety that is excessive, persistent, and interferes with your daily life, it may be a sign of an anxiety disorder.
Here are some common symptoms of anxiety:
- Excessive worry or fear about everyday situations
- Restlessness or feeling on edge
- Muscle tension or trembling
- Rapid heartbeat or palpitations
- Sweating or shaking
- Difficulty concentrating or focusing
- Sleep disturbances, such as difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- Avoidance of certain situations or activities
If you are experiencing these symptoms frequently and they are impacting your daily life, it may be helpful to speak with a healthcare professional, such as a therapist or doctor, to get a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.