A yeast infection, also known as candidiasis, is a common fungal infection that affects many women at some point in their lives. The symptoms of a yeast infection can vary depending on the severity of the infection, but the most common signs include:
- Itching and irritation in the vaginal area
- Burning sensation during urination or sex
- Pain or discomfort during sex
- Swelling and redness around the vaginal area
- White, thick discharge that may have a cottage cheese-like appearance and odor
It is important to note that some of these symptoms can also be caused by other conditions, such as bacterial vaginosis or sexually transmitted infections. Therefore, if you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is recommended that you see a healthcare provider for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment.